Open education initiatives
More and more educators are stepping up to make open education a reality. Examples of open education in action include:
- CC Learn
- Centre for Open and Sustainable Learning
- Learning Activity Management System (LAMS)
- OER Commons
- Free High School Science Texts
- MIT Open Courseware
- Open Courseware Consortium
Getting involved with initiatives like these provides an easy way to further your commitment to the principles outlined in the Cape Town Declaration.
Related declarations and statements
The Cape Town Declaration is part of a larger global movement towards open education and open access to knowledge. Kindred initiatives include:
- Budapest Open Access Initiative
- Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities
- Bethesda Statement on Open Access Publishing
- Salvador Declaration: Commitment to Equity
- UNESCO Forum on the Impact of Open Courseware for Higher Education in Developing Countries
If you support the values and strategies outlined in the Cape Town Declaration, we encourage you to consider supporting these initiatives as well.
Research and analysis
There is an increasing amount of research and thinking about open education. Critical resources in this field include:
- OLCOS Roadmap 2012
These resources will give you an overview of the issues and opportunities that lie ahead for the open education movement.